We wanted to let you all know the plans we have made for Songkran! We have booked a restaurant close to the school where we will hold our party. We will provide a full lunch and some soft drinks. This location can be used as your base for the day, you are welcome to come and go as you please.
Name of Restaurant: Baan Satanee
- French Fries
- Fried Chicken
- Papaya Salad
- Egg Fried Rice
- Coconut Soup with Chicken
- Chicken with Cashew Nuts
- Fried Vegetables
- Fish Cakes
- White Rice
- Fresh Fruit
- Drinking water
Students should not bring beer or soda from outside the restaurant but if they want to they can buy liquor and bring it
- Blue Team Soi’s will walk to the restaurant themselves as it is close by the office.
- Red Team Suchaya House pickup 9:30AM
- Yellow Team Baan Ton Mai Pickup 10:30AM
- Party starts at 11AM
- Lunch served at 12 noon
- Songtao Red Team Depart for Suchaya 4:30PM
- Songtao Yellow Team Depart for Baan Ton Mai 5:30PM
If you want to make your own way home before these times you can do so.
Preparation and Safety during Songkran
- Keep valuables in ziploc bags sealed. Everything not in the bag will get wet.
- You can buy waterproof pouches from 7/11 or similar for around 20-40 Baht.
- Wear dark or colourful shirts.
- Stay together. No one should wander off alone. Use the buddy system.
- Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water.
- Wear sunblock and hats and sunglasses
- Be aware that Thai people will often come up and touch you and smear powder on you. People should be aware of this and avoid.
- Please be aware of the amount of alcohol you consume. We want you to have fun but most importantly we want you to be safe.
- Mike is No. 1 target for ice cold water.
The XploreAsia Team