Today’s recipe is for Thai spring rolls! This particular recipe contains a wide spectrum of meaty goodness, with pork, chicken and crab meat. Feel free to remove the meat if you or the people you are cooking for are vegetarian. These crispy and delicious spring rolls are great as a snack or appetizer, and are sure to be an especially big hit at parties.
– 200 grams minced pork or chicken (I usually use them both half:half because it makes the rolls more flavorful)
– 100 grams crabmeat
– 100 grams Mung bean noodles – soak in water for 15 minutes until soft, drain and cut into about 2-3 inches
– 3 eggs
– 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
– 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
– 1/2 cup shredded Shiitake mushroom
– 1 tbsp ground black pepper
– 2 tbsp light soy sauce
– 1 tbsp chopped garlic
– Spring rolls wrapper 1 pack(25 sheets)
– Cooking oil for deep-frying depending on the size of your container that you use to fry (just make sure the oil cover the rolls while you’re frying)
– 2 more eggs, beaten
1. Mix the pork, chicken, crabmeat, Mung bean noodles, eggs, cabbage, carrot, mushrooms, black pepper and light soy sauce together. Sautee the chopped garlic in 3 Tbsp of oil until golden and fragrant, then add the mixture. Stir until it becomes fairy dry, remove from heat, and wait until it cools down.
2. Spread a wrapper on a flat surface. Place 2 Tbsp of the filling in the center, fold both sides of the sheet to cover the filling, and roll tightly. Seal the wrapper with the beaten egg
3. Heat the oil over a medium heat until hot, dip the rolls in gently and let cook until golden brown, turning once. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
4. Serve hot with spring roll sauce and enjoy!
Thanks to http://www.awesomethaifood.com/ for this weeks recipe!